Friday, October 16, 2009

Wonders never cease!

And I'm living proof! So, I go to group on Wednesday, and the program director, whom we all know isn't my bestest buddy, calls me in the office. Well, normally this means you're GOING TO JAIL. But, not today. Today, he's got some paperwork from the court. I had asked the treatment team to address some traffic infractions that I had received over the course of the last few years, and which had recently been the cause of my license suspension. The judge has the authority to make all that go away, if he so desires. It all pretty much depends on how you as an individual are doing in the program. Well, I'm happy to report that I am doing very well now, so much so that all fines, penalties and civil assessments have been stayed, pending successful completion of Drug Court. I didn't have to pay one cent to reinstate my driving privileges. ( I just spent 5 minutes spelling "privileges" about ten different ways because it didn't look right. I'm getting stupid in my old age. Or maybe I'm just burnt out.) So I have a drivers license again. If I only had 250 bucks to pay my registration, I could drive again. But, I'm going make something happen. Maybe even something that's not against the law!! 

1 comment: