Sunday, October 18, 2009

comfort zone

I have a comfort zone that is pretty much the little beach town that I live in. I never leave it, except for the one night a week I go to SDSU. Weird, for me. I am a world traveler. I have worked in a few countries. By a few, I mean more than 2 or 3. I'm not afraid to get on a plane and go with no set destination and no job awaiting me when I get there. But since I've been clean, I've pretty much stayed here. In fact, it's mostly in the apartment where I spend the majority of my time. Yes, a lot of it has to do with being so broke, but a lot of it is this crippling anxiety I suffer from. I think it's like social anxiety or something. I don't like to deal with things. Even things I know I should deal with or do, I won't. I don't return calls, I don't answer the phone a lot of the time. I can't explain it, it just happens. I'm not really happy about it. I want to ask my shrink, but I missed my last two appointments. You see my predicament. I have an appointment here in I.B. on Monday, hopefully that will alleviate at least one of my problems. We will see.

1 comment:

  1. wow... that is me exactly. my friends' biggest complaint about me is that I won't get a new phone (mine weights 10 tons..can't answer it, ever!)... Recovery never really changed that for me. Some things take more time than others, I guess.

    ReplyDelete