Monday, October 12, 2009

Do you miss me when I'm gone?

 I hope so! Well, it's been a few days since my last entry, and some things have happened. My little brother was taken to the hospital with heart attack like symptoms, had quite a scare according to all accounts. Turns out he has a very long winded genetic condition known as  Supraventricular Tachycardia. Has to do with an irregular heart rate, I believe. Anyways, I found out the next day from my Mom via Facebook. Wonderful site, Facebook. I love it. Keeps me in touch with many many people that I otherwise wouldn't ever get a chance to talk to. I live quite a ways away from my family, by choice. However, now that I am sober, I find myself wanting to be closer to my family. At least to make a trip home to see everyone, and introduce my wife to her new family. I don't really know where that bit came from, I guess thinking about my brother and mortality. But, I'm cool here in San Diego, for now. I moved out here to be closer to my kids, and had a great couple of years with them until I, in my infinite wisdom, decided to contest custody, and lost all custody of them. I'm not okay talking about that, at all. I think that I would be a better parent than no parent, which is basically what they have now. But that's all I'll say on that. I'm really trying to just look at my part in situations, and leave the other person to their own devices. Clean up my side of the street, as it were. Update on a situation from last week: we still don't have a new counselor at Drug Court, and yes, the program manager has decided once again to become way too involved in the day to day affairs of our group, but I'm not having quite as hard a time with him as I envisioned. He even told me today that he could see the difference in me, and said that someone in court last week said the same thing. Like one of the bailiffs, or somebody. So, I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic about that. More as the story unfolds!

2 comments:

  1. I told David that I told you about his eventful day. Now he can't go back to work until he sees a cardiologist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wishing your brother well... scary stuff.

    ReplyDelete