Thursday, October 22, 2009

Life on Life's terms

Is one of those sayings they have at AA/NA groups and in the literature. It's true. SO, I've been trying to get an answer as to how the California Dept. of Rehabilitation (DOR from here on out.) can pay for my ICC certification classes. So the ICC got back to me promptly the day after I emailed them. All well and good. Great, actually. The nice woman who responded informed me that a third party exam proctor was used, and the DOR would have to make payment to them, but here is their number, and I should contact them. Well, unfortunately, they have outsourced their phone based customer service. Apparently to East Timor. Or Nepal. Or somewhere on the Indian subcontinent. Somewhere that pronunciation of the English language takes a back seat to having a pulse as a prerequisite for employment. I cannot make the pleasant-if-highly-accented lady who answers the phone understand my question, nor can I speak to anyone else. So, I'm considering taking out an ad on craigslist for an interpreter. Now if only I could recognize the dialect that is spoken in that part of the world, I could get the ball rolling. But, it's not the end of the world. I have a few more months at least before I need to have any testing paid for. I shall endeavor to persevere, as the old Indian on The Outlaw Josie Wales said. So, until next time, goodnight.

1 comment: