Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Another one bites the dust!

We are a hard group of addicts to handle. I'm talking about my classmates and I at the South County Center for Change, otherwise known as Drug Court. We got a new counselor August 3rd, and he's gone already. Said he couldn't handle the pressure of dealing with 30 dopeheads of this high caliber. As I often say about many facets of (my) life: It's not for the faint of heart, nor the weak of constitution. Eddie couldn't step up to the big leagues. However, that presents problems for those of us left behind. Or at least for me. I'll just speak in I statements, since I can't really speak to how it affects anyone else. When the last counselor left, it took about 3 weeks to get a new one in place, during which time the director of the center filled in. Good idea, you say? Wrong. Horrible idea. A good idea gone horribly wrong, mutated into a nightmare of enormous proportions. Hiroshima-like aftershocks still rock the center. The man is an anal-retentive, petty, vindictive, power mad control freak on his best day, and he doesn't have too many of them. He is most effective when he's in a staff infection, oops meeting, at the corporate office, or better yet, at a seminar, preferably on another continent. Don't get me wrong, I don't hate the man. It's just that he has absolutely no business handling clients on a daily basis. If there ever was a time when he was competent as a counselor, that day has long since faded into dusk. So, I sincerely hope that the search for a new counselor is conducted expediently, and initiated post-haste. That's all for this post. Stay tuned for a happy post later tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment