Saturday, October 24, 2009

Brake Pads, etc.

There's a friend of mine who I foolishly lent a large sum of money to a while back, and he's attempting to pay me back now, albeit a little at a time. So, when he gave me one hundred dollars today, I put twenty in the gas tank, then went to Auto Zone and purchased front brake pads, which cost 46.99.  So, since we don't have a bank account (my fault, totally), I had to cash the money order at Money Tree, which cost 3.98. That's a grand total of 70.97, if my math is not too bad. I only go into detail to say this: life is expensive. I normally wouldn't have thought twice about what to do with that hundred bucks: 1/16th of an ounce of methamphetamine. Hundred bucks is actually a pretty good price in today's black market economy! But that's not where I'm at today. I'm trying to do the right thing, which is put brakes on the truck, pay rent, pay bills. Not my forte, you could say. But you know what? I'm trying. We're trying, I should say. My poor wife is working two jobs now, and I'm sitting around doing nothing most of the time. Never mind the fact that I am in a great deal of pain most of the time, I still feel guilty about it. Hopefully I'll be able to contribute before too long. But for now, I'll just keep doing the best I can in school, so I can support my family in the near future. I've got to go do some homework right now with a guy from class, as a matter of fact. TTFN!

No comments:

Post a Comment