Saturday, September 12, 2009

Ninety days later

And my life hasn't gotten any better at all. In fact, it's markedly worse now. But, I'm gonna try and not dwell on that. So I went to an AA and an NA meeting already (by 11:00 Saturday morning). Took the 90 day token at both. Didn't feel any great spiritual upheaval, no burst of light accompanied by a host of angels singing, no orchestral accompaniment. But, then maybe I'm expecting too much, by expecting anything at all. Maybe it will be a more sublime event when I finally "get it". Or, maybe it'll never happen. Maybe it's just a new religion set forth by a teeming mass of addicts trying to feel better about the huge steaming pile of poop they've made of their lives. Or maybe not. So I suppose I'm going to keep on trying out this sobriety thing, at least for a little while..................

No comments:

Post a Comment