Thursday, September 17, 2009

The Good Old Days

I was just looking at some pictures I have on Photo Bucket that I'd forgot about. Brings back memories. I took a lot of pictures in Afghanistan, had a lot of fun there. I know that it's probably indicative of a mental defect, but I really loved working over there. Sure it was dangerous, but for me, it was easy. Everything was very clearly defined. I could tell who wanted to hurt me very easily. For one thing, they wore funny clothes and spoke funny. Back here, I can't tell friend from foe that easily. I was respected for what I did. I was appreciated by the troops I worked with. Things were always hectic, always on the edge. I was home. I know that's not the right way to think, being comfortable over there, but it's how I felt. Back here, I'm lost. I don't have the same focus I did overseas. And I damn sure don't have the authority or money I did. I don't know what this is about really, just venting a little I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment