Saturday, August 29, 2009

What to do now?

I forgot to mention that on Thursday, my SSDI application was denied. "Though you are in significant pain a majority of the time, you do not meet Social Security's guidelines for SSDI." Gee, thanks guys. The problem is, the nice lady at the Social Security office told me that I was "practically guaranteed" to be approved, so I've really been counting on it. She even told me how much back pay I'd be receiving for last year. Nope, sorry. That's what I get for counting the proverbial (golden) egg before it hatches. So now, we're scrambling for rent for LAST month, which needs to be paid before September's rent is due in, oh, three days. I'm going to start really looking for a job, but I normally look in the skilled labor market. I build bridges, highrises, things of that nature. I'm very good at it. I've never had trouble finding god, high paying jobs. Now, I have a chronic, permanent back injury. It hurts, right now. And I haven't worked in almost three years. So, I'm troubled by that. But, I'm going to start looking at Home Depot, Lowe's, places of that nature. And turn it over to God. That's a big one for me. Because although I can say I'm giving it to God, and still stew over a problem, try my hardest to think of a solution. Here's the problem with that, folks: My BEST thinking got me where I am today. In a pickle, to say the least. So I am making a concious effort these days to earnestly and honestly let God guide me. But, on the other hand, I'm still sober, my drug treatment program is progressing (slowly), I don't think that maybe I should have just taken some prison time instead of this diversionary program any more. Today, I'm trying to have a more positive outlook on life. Today, I'm going to go for a long walk on the beach with my dog. Have a great day, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment