Sunday, August 30, 2009

Hot days, itchy dogs

I'm from NW Florida, and when I say I know what hot weather is, I mean it. 100 degrees, 110 percent humidity. Wake up sweating. Get out of the shower sweating. Go to bed sweating. Anyone who doesn't think global warming is real needs to come to San Diego right now. Normally, it's sunny, 70 and blissfully cool. Not this summer. You know why they call the dog days the dog days? I was told by someone who was born in the 1900's and lived a long and interesting life that it was because it was so hot, the dogs don't want to even move out of the shade. That's what poor Brindy has been doing for the last week. My baby pitbull is scratching at herself, laying around and just acting like she's very upset at me for allowing it to be so hot. Hopefully, it'll cool down soon. I've got to find a way to get to the 6:30 speaker meeting, so I'll close for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment