Sunday, March 7, 2010

Feeling somewhat human again

You know, as I sit here, cooking breakfast, watching the rain fall and listening to country music, I begin to realize that I stopped doing things like this when in active addiction. I really hate using that word, addict or addiction, when referring to myself. So, I have to do it a lot! I used to cook, a lot, all the time. Then for a time, I didn't cook anything. (Well, besides methamphetamine!) I really enjoy it. So, I guess I'm finally starting to feel like a whole person again. Funny, when I don't enjoy the simple pleasures in life, I don't realize how badly I miss them. Does that make any sense? Well, it does to me, and I guess that's what counts. I forgot for a long, long time what a neat guy I am. I have the capacity to be a very cool person, if I only let Paul out of that small, dark dungeon I've kept him in for so very long. I'm not back all the way, but I'm still back.

No comments:

Post a Comment