Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Been a few days!

I've been busy! Between having to go to MHS every week day, and court every Friday, and going to see neurosurgeons, and conferencing with attorneys, the time has flown by! The surgeon I saw yesterday was picked by the insurance adjuster, and I am going to get a second opinion, and maybe a third. Thank God I fall under the Longshoreman's Act! It's a federal worker's compensation program administered by the Department of Labor, and is a much, much better program than state W/C. Pays better, benefits are better, I can choose which doctor I see, the list goes on and on. Let's see....what else? Child support? Still owe $160,000.00 in back child support, which the State of California is aggressively seeking. I can not travel abroad, open a checking account, hold a professional license, the list goes on and on. Never mind the insignificant fact that the amount is WRONG. The People's Republic of California is broke, you see, and so in their infinite wisdom they have decided that I personally should relieve their debt. So that's still an issue. I am returning to court yet again to try and resolve this issue. they are intercepting any monies I get from the federal government. Stimulus check? Gone. Tax return? Gone. All for a debt that I don't actually owe. So, aside from that, gee things are peachy.

No comments:

Post a Comment