Tuesday, October 26, 2010

It's just a game of chance....

26 OCT 2009 Staff SGT David Metzger was killed in action around Helmand Province, Afghanistan. 31 OCT 2009 SGT Cesar Ruiz was killed in action in Helmand Province. It was a bad week for the good guys. As I look back now, I wonder why those guys are gone, and I'm still here. I worked in Khowst, which is close to Helmand, and a hotbed of insurgency. I was in a helo that almost hit the ground one night. I was in a helo that lost a main rotor bearing and had to land in no man's land for about six hours until we were picked up. I drank lots and lots of alcohol, and did so many crazy things in the time I was in Afghanistan, yet here I am, alive and kicking. It never ceases to amaze me who God chooses to take and who he chooses to leave here. Makes me think I should stop effin' my life away and actually do something for a change.....

No comments:

Post a Comment