Sunday, September 12, 2010

Wrecked Chevy, kegger at a birthday party, feeling out of place...

Well, I was gonna insert some pics of my wrecked truck, but I couldn't find them. On to the real post. Went to a kids b-day party yesterday with Jessi. A mexican party. For those of you who don't know, let me tell you what that means. There's a keg of Pacifico beer involved, loud music, lots of food, all day and most of the night party. With a jump around. This was the first event I have been to since I quit drinking. And it didn't work for me, on a couple of levels. I knew no one at this party. Now, back in my drinking days, that's not a problem. Cause we all have something in common, that keg of beer. So, I felt out of place. And then there's that cold, cold keg. I do not like being around drinkers, drinking. Made me feel like I was missing out on the fun. Now, I know the drill, play the whole tape through, all the way to the end, with me in jail. Doesn't mean I don't still want a beer. Cause, damnit, I do.

1 comment:

  1. It's o.k. to want something. It's wonderful if you can resist something that you want! love you!!

    ReplyDelete