Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Hello, epilepsy!!

Well,  I went to the neurologist today. She merrily informed me that she is duty-bound to report my recent seizures to the California DMV, who will immediately suspend my driving privileges in the Great State of California for a period of not less than six months. Great. She also ordered more tests. Now, let's compound my problems, shall we? We have been receiving MediCal medical coverage, which was great. However, last month for some reason, they discontinued our coverage, so now I'm incurring medical debt at an amazing rate. Top it all off with anti-seizure medicine that makes me dizzy any time I stand up or sit down, and I just have absolutely no idea what I'm going to do. Jessi, God bless her, has been doing her best to take care of me, but it's fast becoming a full time job....God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

2 comments:

  1. Your great grandma Anderson had this written in her Bible. ....."There is a reason for our sickness known only to God"...She learned early on that we don't need to know what God does or allows things, just that we have to trust Him. He is sovereign and knows where this is going....

    One day at a time. Don't look at the long haul because that is too overwhelming. love you!

    ReplyDelete