Monday, September 13, 2010

Man, being a grown up is a BUMMER!!

So, yesterday I had to make my way to the VA hospital in La Jolla for an MRI with contrast, which means that I got a lot of dye injected into my arm, which circulated around and made it's way to my brain, which they took pictures of. Today, I have to call the SDSU College of Extended Studies and find out if I'm enrolled for the final class in my certificate program, which incidentally starts today. Then, I have to call my VA primary care doctor, because the bloodwork for the MRI showed that my kidney function is dangerously low. Then, I have to call my neurosurgeon's office, and inform them that if they aren't going to fill a prescription by Friday, then I deserve the common courtesy of a phone call informing me of that fact, why it wasn't refilled, and when it will be. THEN I need to call Medi-Cal and discuss my primary care provider choice (my Medi-Cal primary care provider, not my VA one). THEN I have to call all the doctor offices, hospitals, ambulance services, radiologists, pharmacies, you get the picture, that I owe for these hospital visits, and let them know about my Medi-Cal coverage. Then I have to discuss with a neurologist the causation of my seizures. If we determine that the surgery caused them, I have to contact my attorney and discuss that fact with him. Man, I just want to get on my skateboard and ride!!

No comments:

Post a Comment