Saturday, February 27, 2010

To work, or not to work? That is the question!

So I've talked to my jobsite boss, and he says come back to work Monday, but he doesn't know how much more work we've got on this contract, and I'm a contracted employee. So, I am faced with a dilemma: go back to work, in excruciating pain and the risk of more serious nerve damage, or start the whole Longshoreman's Act workers comp game again. The problem is, you gotta have representation, or the insurance companies WILL NOT pay you. It's common, industry standard practice. Last time it took me 5 months to get my first check. But, I gotta pay the bills somehow. I'm starting to look for any entry level construction inspection position, but the market's still way down. The inspection business is necessarily tied to the construction trends. But, I'm gonna just keep doing whatever I can to keep my head above water!!

No comments:

Post a Comment