Wednesday, November 11, 2009

At long last

I have a job! It's funny, a friend of mine has been bothering me every day about applying at the shipyard. So finally I went and applied. I wasn't really looking for a job. I mean, I can use one, sure, but I am in school, and Voc Rehab is paying for me to get retrained. But, I went and applied, and really didn't think they would call. The shipyards fall under the Longshoreman's Act for worker's comp, and I got a total of about 230,000.00 out of that fund over the past 3 years. I decided to not worry about it, and if God wanted me to have a job, I'd have one. When I got home from taking my final exam last night, they had called. I have orientation on the 18th, start on the 23rd. I still have to figure out if it's going to work with Drug Court and all that I have going on, but I really think that working will make me feel better. I'm hoping my back can take it. It should be okay, it's rigging, which isn't all that physical. In any event, we shall see. I'll report back with progress soon......

1 comment: