Sunday, November 22, 2009

ACI certified

I hope! I went and took the ACI (American Concrete Institute) exam yesterday morning, and passed the performance tests, yes, all SEVEN of them! and the oral exam! I was really, really nervous about the performance tests. Really. Very. I have to wait for the written test to be graded to know for sure, but you know if you passed a test or not, and I'm pretty sure I passed. Next, the ICC (International Code Council) Reinforced Concrete Inspection exam, probably in December. Then, I will be a Reinforced Concrete Associate, until I get enough inspection experience to be deemed and Inspector. I'm starting at the shipyard tomorrow, which is good, because we're broke, but I'm going to put the full court press on looking for an inspector position somewhere. I cannot wait to be done with Drug Court so I can pursue job opportunities elsewhere (read: closer to home), but I suppose I'll just have to be patient. Not my strong suite......

No comments:

Post a Comment