Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Patience is a virtue, or so they tell me

I'm not a patient man, as a general rule. I have, however, been working on this lately. I just want this workers comp case over with, so I can start looking for a job in the Inspection field. However, it's going to be a while before that happens. I have to be released by the surgeon, who is going to rate my disability rating, then the comp carrier is going to want me to participate in a federal vocational rehabilitation program, in order to minimize their financial burden during the settlement phase. All these things take time, it'll probably be another year before we take it to the ring and battle it out with the insurance carrier about the sum we'll settle with. I think one of my main problems is that I get so easily bored. A man can only walk on the beach for so long, before it starts to feel like an obligation instead of the pleasure that it should be! But, I've been working on it a lot lately, and it's funny, but I can almost feel myself becoming calmer, and taking the program a little more serious than before. It's strange to think about, me as a sober, responsible adult!!

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of you as a sober, responsible adult is the best thought I've had lately! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete