Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day two

So, day 2, and I'm still sober! I'm thinking of making it an interactive game, a "you guess the date" kind of format. Just kidding, Mom. I have decided to stay out of the bars and not drink. I am, however, going to commit an act of the addicts version of civil disobedience. I am going on Wednesday to get my medicinal marijuana card. Before the overwhelming din from the peanut gallery, let me state my case. I currently take 40-60 milligrams of hydrocodone daily, along with 40 milligrams of flexiril, in order keep my pain at manageable levels. I could avoid highly addictive opiates altogether by using the naturally occuring THC in marijuana. The THC also alleviates my pain more effectively than opiates. So, I'll keep you posted. Also, it's interesting to hear other addicts' views on the Compassionate Care Act. Okay, ponder that for a minute or two....

1 comment: