Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Beach Treasures

I find treasures when I walk on the beach. I try to walk everyday, and take my wife with me. Today, she had a doctors appointment, so it was just me and Brindy. Now, Brindy is our not-too-well-behaved-pitbull (yeah, that's a special breed. I am just no darn good at getting dogs, or anyone else, to mind me!!). It's hard to walk slowly and scour the beach for shells and such when you've got the pup, because she wants to sniff everything, and God forbid another dog walk by and we not run over and play!! But, most days we find stuff on the beach. What we like to find (read: the wife) is sea glass washed up on the shore and ground down to a smooth, oddly shaped finish. Clear is okay, but green is good, and blue or red glass is rarest of all. Today, we just found a couple of pieces, but I found a little toy soldier, I'm pretty sure it's a Decepticon. I seem to find little toy soldiers a lot in the sand, I think I'm going to make a piece of art with them all. Ok, I think this is pretty good for me for one day, so I'll go try and be productive now.l

No comments:

Post a Comment